Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Your Sunday Morning Jet Noise

The Blues, back when they flew the Rhino:


As far as a crowd-please, the F-4 was probably the best airplane they've flown.

5 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Always good to hear the Rhino roar!

CenterPuke88 said...

Never saw them fly the F-4, but always preferred the A-4 to the F/A-18. When I first saw the Angels fly, I wondered where the rest of the team was because I was used to 9 planes (Folland Gnats) with the Red Arrows! Maybe seeing the Arrows in those small Gnats is why I like the smaller A-4.

Frank Van Haste said...

Dear Miss Fit:

Dating myself here, but...did you ever see them in the F-11F Tiger? That was a gorgeous airplane.

FVH

LRod said...

I never heard the Phantoms referred to as Rhinos. And I worked tons of them--both AF and Navy. We had 13 military installations at ZJX when I was there, and at least five of them based F4s (SSC, NBC, NZC, VPS, NPA). Others had the occasional F4 visit, like MYR, CHS, NIP, VAD, and PAM.

I thought Rhinos were Super Hornets. At least that's what I learned on JAG...It came up a couple of times, one when Rabb, an F14 driver, ran across some other Naval aviators who were derisive of Tomcat pilots. He said, "oh, Rhino drivers, eh?" There was also an episode where they were investigating a carrier landing accident and it turned out that although it was an F18 Rhino on final, the arresting cables had been tensioned for an F18 Hornet. Significant weight difference, and the cable broke.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Comrade Misfit said...

Frank, I probably did, but I wasn't into airplanes back then and wouldn't have known a F-11 for a F-86.