Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, October 31, 2014

A. Wireless Carriers are Worse Than the NSA.
B. "Way to Go, Miss Lindsey!"
C. Customer Follies, Gun Shop Edition.
D. Gun Repair.

If you have a smartphone, the wireless carriers are spying on your internet use, with an eye to selling the data to advertisers. So it's not enough that those fuckers are charging among the highest usage fees in the industrialized world, they seek new ways to suck cash from their users.

--------------------------------------------------

Lindsey Graham had a rare bit of verbal honesty, openly pledging that if he becomes President, that he will look out for the interests of rich white guys. Dollars to donuts that Miss Lindsey is going to now say that he was "only joking" or some shit like that. But we know better, Dear Reader, don't we.

--------------------------------------------------

Swung by a local gun shop. There, a customer and his significant other were shopping for a handgun for home defense. The customer chose an off-brand 4" .38. Customer was standing there with the revolver in his hand, cylinder open, when the sales clerk put a Form 4473 and a pen on the counter for him to fill out. Customer closed the cylinder by flicking his wrist. The sales clerk's eyes widened, but I could see the thought balloon: "If I say something to the guy, I might bugger up the sale."

After the sale was completed and the happy couple left the store with their new gun and two boxes of cartridges, the clerk said to me: "I thought your eyes were going to come out of your head."

Me: "Yeah, well, if he'd a done that to my gun, he'd have some newly-broken fingers from me taking the gun away from him."

--------------------------------------------------

I sent the Model 15 that I traded for off for repairs to fix the timing issue. The gunsmith called me to tell me that the timing issue was a symptom of another problem. The cylinder yoke on the gun is slightly sprung, but not in the direction that it would be from some clown snapping the gun closed. He thinks that once that issue is fixed, the timing may come right back in.

Even better news was that he said: "I'm not going to ask what you paid for it, but I'm pretty certain it's worth more than that." Which was nice to hear, but I bought it to shoot. Still, I know a few S&W collectors and I'll run that by them.

No comments: