Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Uh-Oh, I Think Nancy Grace's Head Just Exploded

ORLANDO, Fla. — Casey Anthony, the young mother whose seeming heartlessness at the disappearance of her daughter transfixed America for three years, was found not guilty on Tuesday of killing the girl, Caylee Marie.
I stopped watching Good Morning America because every show had a segment with Nancy Grace shrieking about this trial and how Casey Anthony was going to go to the chair* for whacking her daughter.

Apparently, it is a good thing that I never tune into the 24 Hour Lynch Casey Anthony Channel, also known as HLN. You have to love how one of the bloviators on that channel blasted the defense for a pathetic closing argument. I'd say that those words have to leave a mark on HLN now, but I doubt if there is a person there who has any qualms, let alone shame.

It's not just HLN or GMA. The Today Show had Star Jones telling millions of viewers what a terrific job the prosecution did with its closing argument. Well, not so much.

So, you might ask if I think that Casey Anthony killed her daughter. Possibly. But "possibly" isn't proof.
______________________________
* I know they execute people by lethal injection now. But "going to the gurney" isn't quite the same.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would even go with "Probably," which is no more proof than "Possibly."

Peter said...

Nicely put. I don't know whether or not she's guilty, but the media witch-hunt sickened me. I would hope they'd learn from this, but I think they're pathologically incapable of such feats . . .

:-(

LRod said...

I know you get this, but I think you should know there at least a few IANAL people out there who do, too. This is what I posted in several places yesterday:

"Lots of people have strong predispositions on this case, but not one of them likely to be posting here sat in the box, saw the evidence, and heard the testimony in a continuous and coherent manner.

"They then concluded the evidence was insufficient to convict. That's how I want our legal system to work.

"I just got off the phone with a HS friend of mine and he pointed out that they couldn't even prove there was a body in the trunk. Sort of makes the case that they didn't/couldn't make the case.

"None of this even remotely suggests that I don't think a tragedy happened or that there shouldn't be justice, or that I condone any of it. That whole family is tragedy enough. Imagine what the relationship is going to be between them, now."

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired