Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, October 15, 2007

Clipping Cats

My cats are not declawed. So I have to clip their claws. Gracie is not bad about it. Oh, she's not happy, but she tolerates it. Jake is less tolerant, he'll moan and growl at times, but I give him a couple of minutes' worth of attention and he lets me proceed.

But as for George, you'd think I was trying to do open-heart surgery on him with a rusted can lid. I have never nicked the blood vessels in his claws, I can't think of anything I ever did to hurt him, but ever since he has been a kitten, clipping his claws is nothing but high drama.

8 comments:

Justin Buist said...

One of the tricks the woman of the house showed me is to wrap them up in a blanket. Just pull the one paw you're working on out of it.

Might help.

Comrade Misfit said...

I tried that. He went into full "four-legged-windmill" mode every time I tried to wrap him up.

It's actually easier for me the way I do it.

fjb said...

Just found your blog and love it. I've got a neurotic Siamese that has one inch switchblades for claws and can practically turn himself inside out. Know what you mean about George.;)

Comrade Misfit said...

fjb,

Thanks for stopping by. It's always nice to see new people.

I did visit Victoria a long while back, it seemed like a lovely city.

BadTux said...

I once decided to clip my cats' claws. Twenty minutes later, I decided it was less trouble to dump any offending piece of furniture that said cats might use for a scratching post and leave the cats alone. If you've noticed from my Friday catblogging photos, now the only thing in my apartment worth clawing is the cardboard SuperScratcher, which they're quite happy to restrict their clawing to -- not that they have any choice, since everything else is either metal or hardwood or covered with a cloth cover that makes it no fun to claw.

Comrade Misfit said...

BadTux, you have to be careful that their claws don't overgrow. That happens more in homes with carpets, as the claws don't wear down just by walking around.

BadTux said...

Given how well they rip the Superscratchers into shreds ($10 apiece, one every two weeks), I don't think there's any chance of their claws overgrowing. They *love* their Superscratcher. I bring a new one home, they, like, just hunker down on it and start ripping away, then just roll on it in pure kitty joy.

I *will* say that their claws are *sharp*, though. Luckily they've learned they can boss me around without fully extending their claws nowdays so I don't bleed as often as I did when I brought them home from the pound. (What, you don't think *I* boss the *cats* around, do you?!).

Comrade Misfit said...

With my cats, they sort of know what they can get away with and what they can't. They know that they are not to get on the kitchen counters, at least not while I'm around.