Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Bangity Whines: If You Want Your Shit Quickly (and with Free Shipping), Avoid Amazon

Last week, as you may recall, I bought a new target pistol. I mentioned in the AAR from the first range trip, that, with my aging eyeballs, I needed to get a red dot sight if I was going to hit anything. In a comment, Peter suggested that I look at the Bushnell Trophy TRS-25.

I did and I ordered one from Amazon. I placed the order on the 22nd. The "shipping status" on my Amazon order's page says that they are "shipping now". Five days later, those cocksuckers.

Well, shit. I could have ordered the fucking thing from Adorama Camera with free shipping and they'd have shipped the goddamned thing that day.

I'm going to keep this in mind for future orders of crap. Maybe Bezos and his minions are too busy playing with their new shiny toy to mind the shop.

For one thing, I'm going to need a spotting scope. There's a long hallway in my office building, so I took in a target that had been shot up with a .22 and my 10-power binocs. I taped the target to a wall, paced off 50 yards and then looked at the target with the binoculars. I couldn't see the holes. For now, I'm just going to haunt the thrift shops and look for a used telescope. Even if it doesn't come with a terrestrial eyepiece, I can adapt. At 50 yards, it's not as though I need a high-dollar optic.

UPDATE: Five days to ship. According to the tracking link on Amazon, it's going to take five days for the frakking thing to get to me from Amazon's "Fulfillment Center", which is located in the next state. Sal would have gotten it here quicker.

1 comment:

Ole Phat Stu said...

The human eye can resolve a minute of arc. As you read this at a normal distance a letter"a" subtends 5 MOA.
1 MOA is a half inch at 50 yards. so 5 MOA is 2 1/2 inches at 50 yards. That's factor 11x magnification for a .22 hole.
You can't hold an 11x steady in your hand. So get a small tripod and a spective of at least 15x.
Mine zooms from 15x to 50x, to see a .22 rifle hole at 100 yards.