Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Black Rifle Shortage is Beginning Early This Time

I swing by my local gun shoppe to pick up some cleaning supplies. I overheard the salesman telling a customer that 5.56mm black guns have suddenly become unavailable and so has ammunition for them.

So either the quadrennial "zOMG, the Democrats are gonna take our gunz" panic is beginning early this time around, or there is panic buying over something else.

Update" The "something else" seems to be a critter called the "web bot", which has apparently predicted 25 of the last four catastrophes. The Tin-Foil Hat Brigade is convinced that World War 3 will begin on March 2nd. (Google it if you wish, I'm not linking to those folks.)

5 comments:

Improbable Joe said...

25 of the last 4?!?! Oh NOES!!!

I'd better stock up on home brewing supplies and Zombie Max ammo!

Comrade Misfit said...

What is mind-boggling to me is that, after the crap of the `08-`10 shortage, you'd think that everyone who had wanted an EBR would have, by now, bought one.

Improbable Joe said...

Have the nutters ever settled for a reasonable amount of guns or ammo? I mean seriously, every so often there's a new "Obama is going to take our guns" email and everyone goes out an buys more guns "just in case"... guns aren't perishable, they don't go bad after a few weeks or months. Ammo is barely perishable, and will certainly outlast a presidential term or three. I'm sure everyone who wanted a rifle bought one, and are now just buying backups.

w3ski said...

I got my black rifle years ago. like late 70's.
Got the factory scope for it too. It's Not a Colt but it is more accurate than my buddies CAR 15. I could be happier if I had a 1000 rounds and 3 or 4 hundred in clips ready but hey, I'm not about to Helo into a hot LZ, either.
w3ski

Eck! said...

Sounds like the beginnings of the Foundations Psychohistory (Asimov).

Maybe it's the early birth of the Seldon Plan.

or maybe a parity error.

Eck!