Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ecch!

I was thinking about writing how Palin had been ripping off the taxpayers of Alaska by charging travel per diem on those nights that she was in her own home, and how you just know the Republicans would blow that into a major scandal if she was a Democrat.

I was also thinking about writing how outraged the Republicans would have been if Obama had a 17 year old daughter who was pregnant and who had posted photographs of herself holding a bottle of liquor, or if he had a son who had to flee into the Army to allegedly avoid criminal charges.

I was thinking how much fury would be coming from the Wingnuts if Joe Biden's son was a director of a failing bank.

I remember how much scorn the Republicans heaped on John Kerry because he married a rich woman and how silent they are about McCain dumping his crippled first wife to marry a rich young heiress.

I remember how distainful the Right was about Kerry's all-too-frequent referrals to his military service, yet how they tolerate McCain's references to his service every fifteen nanoseconds.

I could write about how George H.W. Bush asked people to volunteer with their communites and get involved with his "thousand points of light" while the `08 GOP convention heaped scorn on someone who did just that.

I was going to write about how McCain decries partisanship while his surrogates engage in a nasty series of slashing attacks.

I was going to use all that as the basis for a rant about Republican hypocrisy. But reallly, writing about how two-faced and dishonest the GOP has become is sort of like complaining about a dog's shedding. It's what they do, it's who they are. And, at least for now, I am tired of it.

So go surf the blogroll for awhile. I'll be back in the game soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I'm just getting to a really good part of this silly book I'm reading. I think it's time for a break.

See ya soon.

Earl said...

Ah, it isn't the Republicans nor the Democrats that are going to make a difference - we have had such close elections, stolen in the courtrooms and poll counting places during the 21st Century, what is going to make the difference this time is the Independents - and the parties know it and ponder how to reach me. I am so above their ploys...

You are interesting to read, but too venomous to lean on... but I will keep reading, thanks.

Comrade Misfit said...

I'll settle for "interesting." I make to claim to be even-handed or anything of the sort. When people ask me why I can be so angry about the direction this country has taken, I ask them why they are not.

How can they not be angry?

Mark Rossmore said...

There are millions of angry people out there and the numbers are growing rapidly. The question is: will there be enough of them in early November? Or will the hordes of "guns, babies, and God" sheeple keep us on this path to destruction?