Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, October 8, 2007

Forrest Bird

Last night, 60 Minutes ran a story about Dr. Forrest Bird. If you have broadband access, it is well worth the time to watch it.

I had only heard of the Bird Innovator, a modified PBY with four engines.



Essentially, if you or anyone you know has ever been on a respirator, your (or that person's) life was saved by Forrest Bird.

4 comments:

Dan brock said...

Off topic but thought you might be amused by this.
http://danielisright.blogspot.com/2007/10/god-bless-this-man.html
Notice the knife is one of the "commemorative" knives by Kabar
http://www.shopkabarknives.com/search.aspx?d=1&c=4&m=1000062

Phil said...

Quite the interesting mix of interests you have.
I stumbled in, surfing , from Main and Central. I got there from Alternate Brain.
I sometimes blog for Fixer at Fixer and Gordon and was just dinkin' around at lunch.
I like the line from Pink Floyd for your blog name.
I bookmarked ya and will drop by occasionally.
Busted.

Comrade Misfit said...

Busted,

As for my interests:

miscellaneous crap about anything else that happens to flit through my mind.

Glad you could stop by, I'll check out your blog.

Lurch said...

Busted is an eclectic soul. My kind of guy :)