Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, July 31, 2020

Almost Blew By That Date

This blog turned thirteen today. Thirteen years, 15,295 posts, including this one. I didn't use tags early on and I've not been diligent about retro-tagging, so I'm not certain as to the most-blogged subjects. But I'm pretty certain that it's cats, guns and airplanes.

The stat counters are mostly useless; the two that supposedly track things here differ widely. It's safe to say that this blog isn't widely read. I do this mostly for reasons between my own amusement and because it beats standing on a soapbox outside of Terminal Tower.

10 comments:

JustMusing said...

Congrats! 13 more please!

Ten Bears said...

I missed my fourteenth a couple months ago trying to meme Trump Virus into the mainstream. They'll be fireworks for fifteen.

Leo Knight said...

I read your blog every day. Congratulations!

MarkS said...

Don't ever think you're not appreciated!

Tod Germanica said...

That's a lifetime in blogyears. Airplanes, cats and guns are just nice to read about. And steam trains and jet planes on those days. Your viewership must be particularly varied considering the content and, well, you. Intelligent, well written, well experienced blogs are rare so I suspect your viewership is pretty longterm. You blog and write because you are a writer and would miss it if you stopped. You don't monetize your blog and you don't give a fuck if we like it and read it or not. Your point of view is yours, take it or leave it. That's rare as hell. I, for one, appreciate it and would miss it if you quit. I learn a lot here. Congrats.

CenterPuke88 said...

Congrats, still preferred Wordpress, but that’s a shitload of water under the bridge. Keep up the good work, such an enjoyable read. Now of we can just get BadTux back at it.

dinthebeast said...

Happy blogiversary. I don't know exactly how long I've been hanging around, but it's been a good long while. I feel you run a blog of excellence on par with any of the real bloggers still posting today, and my day is better for having visited and participated here, so thank you.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

w3ski said...

Thank you for your daily wit and wisdom. The guns and cats and stuff are nice too. I can't say how long I've been a follower, but I think I got here from Bad Tux. It's been a great ride.
Keep up the good work.
Some of us out here read you daily and appreciate the work to put up and keep up your own page.
Thanks Again
w3ski

Sarah said...

Congratulations and thank you, EBM! I appreciate your writing and check in regularly.

Jack the Cold Warrior said...

I found your blog through Bad Tux also, still access it through his blog so I can check for new posts from him. From what I can gleam, he is working 24-7 at his job because they laid off almost everybody.

I like your blog for the wit and sarcasm and it's links to your other blogs ("Fire for Effect, Babies in the Open" is my favorite blog name EVER).

I appreciate your experience in and comments about the Navy,and the latest bonehead thing the brass has done. (Littoral Combat Ships, anyone?) I started visiting the USNI blog and have enjoyed learning about modern ships, tactics, and weapon systems.

Your aviation, train, and gun posts are very interesting also.

Please keep up the effort, your followers may be small in number, but ARE dedicated!

Jack