Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Glenn Beck Makes Sense

Please, just read it.

4 comments:

DTWND said...

I rarely agree with Mr. Beck, however, I must say I agree with his words on this topic. Reminds me of Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?"

dinthebeast said...

OK, I read it. He's right. I'll be damned. Gotta say, this is a weird year, and agreeing with Glenn Beck isn't something I ever thought I'd be doing, but when someone gets it right I have to acknowledge it.

-Doug in Oakland

Anonymous said...

That's not what I would have expected from Beck. Congrats to him.

I am unable to make sense of his closing thought, though:

"America, and the world, has one path to “united we stand and divided we fall.” Which path will we take? Which one will you?"

Thanks for the link.

-- Bob in OK

Joe said...

The column contains some things that are true. He just hinted at one important point, though - he's not just a flawed messenger, he's one of the creators of the situation he's lamenting. If this is building up to a real apology (which may be where he's headed), I'll shake his hand and help him plan his atonement.

Until then, though, I'll just point out that he doesn't know what "empathy" means. "Empathy" is a useful word these days because only Star Trek fans know what it means. The word he wanted was "sympathy". He probably doesn't use it because it's a bridge too far for the people who listen to him. Real empathy is a bridge further than that, but the audiences don't know it.