Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Fly IFR

9 comments:

Joe said...

You sure? The road seems to be going a completely different direction from the airplane.

Yogi said...

Joe, true, but "my OTG track follows roads" isn't a very useful acronym. :-)

Ole Phat Stu said...

My old friend Siggi would (also) follow canals, which was OK until we flew over Holland ;-)

Vannevar said...

I was working Departure Control one day, back a few decades when all the new technologies were coming out, and a GA pilot off a satellite field transmitted, "request TLAR direct destination".

Not knowing TLAR from LORAN or RNAV, I immediately said "approved". There was a moment of quiet radio and I finally said, "okay I got to ask what's TLAR"

Pilot responsed, "that looks about right". It was awesome.

Comrade Misfit said...

Joe, that's parallax error.

(That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Old NFO said...

LOL, done that a few times too... :-)

Murphy's Law said...

LOLOL. Always been grateful for roads that go where I want to fly to...and water towers with town names on them for back in the pre-GPS days.

DTWND said...

Many of my students (mostly younger techies) want to know if they can use their Ipads and GPS (I call it going pretty straight) on their cross-countries and checkrides. I tell them no, use a chart and look out the window! Sheeesh.

Comrade Misfit said...

DTWND, that's why this airplane seems like a great idea.