Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, January 16, 2015

40 Days!

That's how long it's been since the weather and availability have permitted me to go flying. This afternoon was just gorgeous: Low winds, clear skies, temps in the mid fifties. I got in an hour before dark and shot three landings. Maybe I need to fly less, for those landings were all smooth. I did two 3-point and one wheel landing. All no drama.

Some guy had a stuck mic on Unicom. At least he wasn't singing to himself.

Beautiful day to fly. A fair number of pilots were bagging off work and going flying. As did I.

Airport rules require airplanes in the shade hangars to be tied down. The pilot of this Cessna 206 might as well have used baling twine.


Imagine that you have a nice house in the country on a quiet road. You never know what might happen across the street. I'll bet that these two homeowners sometimes feel like opening up a vein.


This farmer may be off the grid, a bit:

3 comments:

mikey said...

I'm not one who by temperament or training wants to hold a perimeter, but I can't help but think how comforting it would be to be that farmer. Crops, meat, electricity, water. With enough rum and ammunition I'd be happy to hunker down there for an open ended period.

Murphy's Law said...

It is good to get out and shake the rust off, isn't it? weather and work have not been kind to me here lately as well.

As to the "tie down", a couple on our field (both much nicer than mine) are tied down only in a technical sense. Just waiting for that really good wind to come up this spring, and hopefully I'll be there to see it.

Comrade Misfit said...

I tie down with single-braid 5/8ths inch nylon line and I tension the wing ropes when I tie it down.

Today was pretty nasty for winds. If I had somewhere to be, that'd be one thing. But for fun? Nah.