Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Time to Give Up Your Debit Card?

Bank of America is going to ding you $5 for every month that you use one of their debit cards.

Here's a tip: If you have to stick with BofA, get a free "rewards" credit card, use that, and pay off the balance in full every month. Or write a check.

Or find a bank or credit union that doesn't charge you to use a debit card.

3 comments:

LRod said...

I fired BoA months ago. We're now at a small, community bank with only four branches—one of them just a couple of miles away.

In the first couple of months when I was getting my sea legs on their Bill Pay system, the lady who had set me up with the account gave me a 0900 phone call to alert me that I had (inadvertently) overdrawn my account which gave me time to transfer some money over from savings to cover. She had removed the overdraft charge before she called me.

Two weeks later she had to do it again.

That was $70 worth of my money BoA didn't get, and the personal touch was priceless.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Nangleator said...

My credit union reimburses me for every ATM fee I incur. Every charge, at anyone's ATM. I get it back.

America should get their ass to a credit union and never bank unless they absolutely have to.

LRod said...

Nangleator, as much as I tried to use the credit union to which I've belonged for >30 years, they were dinging me $5/mo for Bill Pay before I even got set up with Direct Deposit. No other institution has charged me for Bill Pay.

I still belong to the CU (but canceled Bill Pay) and will eagerly anticipate a quote when I next buy a car, though.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired