Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Epitome of Cool

The missing Bullitt Mustang has been found.


That car was reported to have been scrapped after filming was completed.

Lt. Bullitt carried a Cold Diamondback, which is pretty pricey these days. It's a rare one on an auction site that doesn't go for $1,500 or more. There may be people who won't blink at that price for a carry gun, but I'm not one of them.

To follow up on this post, a third option has arisen. I have an order in for a 3" Model 65. It can get humid where I live, so a stainless-steel carry gun has a lot of advantages (as long as one keeps in mind that the term is "stain-less", not "stain-proof").*

More to come.
______________________________
* Or, as I once told my boss "it says 'stain-less', not 'stain-no'."

7 comments:

Spud said...

I've got the same year and model car anyway...:-)

dmurray said...

Way cool. My favorite movie trivia question: How many hubcaps came off the Dodge during the pursuit?

The answer is all over the map depending on theater or broadcast edit.

Comrade Misfit said...

Spud, do you need a beneficiary for your will? :D

CenterPuke88 said...

dmurrey, the easy answer is 5...but you're right about cuts and adds.

Comrade, sounds like an excellent plan. I've regretted rationionalizing to a .45 from a 10mm and a PPKS. The 10 was awesome, but too costly...but for carry, that little, stainless PPKS was ideal (other than the need for most of the magazine and accurate placement to do the job). I guess I'll have to look for a small framed, single stack .45 sometime.

Spud said...

Lol, the car is my wife's...She bought it new in 69 and was her first car.
I think she wants buried in it , much as she loves that thing.

Comrade Misfit said...

CP88, I have a PPK/s, but I'm kind of meh over it. I did round off the bottom corners of the slide with a mill file to stop it from slicing up the web of my hand.

Thing I don't like about the .380 is that in order to get adequate penetration, you're pretty much limited to FMJs. There are .38 rounds that both penetrate and expand.

And I also trust the functionality of a revolver in a scenario where shit has gone sideways.

CenterPuke88 said...

Absolutely agree, Comrade. I was noting I missed that little compromise .380...not promoting it as a great choice. It's a nasty little biter alright!