Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fuck. I Am Old.

JFK was shot 45 years ago tomorrow.

I feel so fucking old.

5 comments:

One Fly said...

You're not the only one.

Karen Zipdrive said...

My sister and I were home that day playing hookie.
We were watching "General Hospital" when they interrupted it to bring us a special bulletin.
When my parents got home we all huddled together and cried.
Mom and Dad had seen JFK the day before when his motorcade passed by in San Antonio.
I still hate Dallas.

Anonymous said...

Getting old is NOT for wimps. I was at work at the Connecticut State Health Department when it was announced. One of my colleagues went out and got a shot of whiskey. Bad times. Very bad times.
Gug

Phil said...

Pass the Geritol.


I was three years old and to this day I can still remember watching his funeral procession and asking my Grandmother why there was a horse with a pair of empty boots facing backwards in the stirrups.

Anonymous said...

You, too? I went back to my classroom after lunch, our "class" then was some sort of science lecture on television. Except of course, it wasn't. The whole school was in tears, our teachers loaded us on buses and sent us home. I told my mom JFK was dead and she slapped me for being a wicked liar. Fourth grade...my best teacher ever, and the worst event of my life to that point.