Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, October 12, 2007

Things That Make Me Go "Huh?"

The kid with the purported arsenal in Pennsylvania, the one who was allegedly trying to recruit help to go shoot up a school? You'd have to look really hard to learn that almost all of those guns in the news photographs were Air-Soft guns, which are about a little more deadly than the average water pistol. For actual firearms, he had a 9mm pistol (and no cartridges) and a .22 rifle, if my memory is correct.

Then there is the deputy dawg in Wisconsin, the one who was taunted by his classmates from high school and responded by shooting a bunch of people. You know, the guy that shot himself three times in the head? He used an AR-15 in his slaughter spree, which was described in the news reports as a "police rifle", which I gather differs it from the baby-killing planet-murdering AR that folks like Scully and I own.

The other thing about the killer cop was that the gun-confiscation nutjobs were absolutely silent about that shooting. Not a damn peep.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

I wouldn't own an AR15, but not because it's some horrible satanic device. Well, yes, because it's some horrible satanic device, in that direct-impingement gas operated semi-automatic rifles are evil, but I'd rather have something a bit more reliable for my own use (well, I clean my guns every time I use them but it'd be nice to know that if I drop it in the dirt the damned thing won't jam!).

Columbine with a .22 rifle and a 9mm pistol? Hmm. Although a .22 long rifle with a hollow point packs enough punch to kill someone if you hit the right spot. But really, wouldn't any decent killer kid at least want a nice deer rifle for his murder spree? This kid sounds like he's one of the gangstas that I taught at a black school in rural Louisiana. Well, none of these kids had ever met a real gangsta thug, but they kinda thought they knew what it was like, anyhow, and tried to live "thug life" except crap, I knew their mommas, these kids were no more thugs than I was Santa Claus...

Anyhow, kids are often all talk and no action. All talk plus possessing the means for action, on the other hand, would be something to get concerned about. But a .22? Shit, they give that to kids for their 10th birthday down where I'm from!

BobG said...

"But a .22? Shit, they give that to kids for their 10th birthday down where I'm from!"

I hear you there; I was rabbit hunting with a .22 at six; when I was ten I learned to shoot the 1911.