Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Verizon Service Calls-- And I Thought Comcast Was Bad!

I have a problem on my home phone. So I called the lovable people at Verizon to get a repairman to come out. When I made the appointment, they told me that the tech would be here later this week "sometime between 8AM and 6PM."

That's right, a ten hour window.

Today, I got a robocall from Verizon on my cell phone. The tech will be here "sometime between 8AM and 10PM."

Shit fire, why don't they just tell me "the tech will be there sometime in April. Is April good for you?"

What is it with Verizon? There are three other cell phone companies working this area and if I wanted to switch, I could get craptastic cable telephone service from ComBastards.

The fucking power company, which truly has a distribution monopoly, is more customer-friendly than either Verizon or Comcast.

30 minutes on hold to those bastards at Verizon to try and find out what the story is. Fuck this. Asshole telephone company, they're worse than AT&T used to be.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Ah yes Verizon, I live out in the boonies and we have an underground phone cable. When a pair goes out Verizon strings a wire over the ground, along the road from one pedestal to the next. (I have pictures...). This works OK till the township brushhogs the edge of the roads.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I'm going to VOIP as soon as I get a box that will connect my TV to the internet. Which should be sometime this year. If all goes well.