Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Twenty Years Ago

This is an Icom A20 portable aircraft radio:


Twenty or more years ago, when I went to an airport to pick up incoming guests, I'd bring the radio with me and an index card with the relevant frequencies. I would sit in a coffee shop in the concourse with the radio tuned to either Approach Control or the tower and listen for the incoming flight of my guests. When the flight was cleared to land, I'd go through security and meet my guests at their gate.

Easy-peasy.

That all changed just over nineteen years ago for obvious reasons. I haven't dared to bring that radio with me since.

3 comments:

B said...

Now you can do it with Live ATC on yer phone....

Ten Bears said...

That's one of the small ones. Used to wear the ten inch, one pound version on our chest for relatively hands-free communication with the helicopters. Always carried an extra battery, amongst other things, 'case we had to spend the night ... it's happened.

Eck! said...

That radio is likely the one that got me into a County airport after
a heavy T-storm killed their power.

TB, I designed antennas for stuff like that. Even a few you didn't
know about. Then there were the specials...


Eck!