Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Ruger Lever-Guns?

Ruger has purchased the assets of Marlin Firearms in the Remington bankruptcy sale.

This is probably good news, as Ruger isn't going to pay $30 million for stuff they'd scrap. And as Ruger isn't owned by a bunch of vulture capitalists, they'll probably be around for awhile.

3 comments:

w3ski said...

F***. I own both a model 39 and a lever-action .357. My 39 has been problem-free so far but the .357 broke the ejector and it was hell to find one. Now there will be a whole other level of corporate fuckery to get around if something breaks.
The 39 shoots bottle cap groups at 100 yards with Federal Hollow Point (do they even make those?) .22s'. The other one is just plain fun to shoot. I guess I can't fault them for a broken ejector that lasted 35 plus years.
Remmington now too? I'm glad I was around for them. Their ADL/BDL stocks just didn't quite fit me like the Winchester 70 series. Good rifles though. I had a buddy with a Remmington pump .22 that could shoot one hole groups at 100 yards. I shot one of their "recoilless" semi-auto 30-30's. That just didn't fit me, but the sliding barrel was interesting.
I guess everything will wind up H&K soon.
Sad days
w3ski

Brian said...

Huh. Interesting.

I've been kinda-sorta pondering getting into in the bidding for a pre-64 30-30 Winchester 94, and a buddy I asked (who I trust due to his history of buying long guns) has said that Marlins aren't worth their price (he's actually been just a tad bit less complimentary than that). Have you been happy with your Marlins?

-B

Eck! said...

I have a Marlin .22WMR model 25 bolt action and when I did my
part it did well. When I got it I used to take chucks at 150yd.
I got it then because I liked the feel and it was magazine
not tube fed.

I see it as good.

Eck!