Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Languages

A phrase in one language can associate differently in another.

For instance, in French, "ma petitie aime" means "my girlfriend"

In American English:

6 comments:

Grey One talks sass said...

Yesterday I thought you had a case of the blues. Today my perspective snapped into that place I go when the stupid around me have used up all the straws, paper towels, and patience stockpiled for years.

Perhaps that is where you are too.

Please offer Chip my honored nose touch and priveledged head bonk.

My late husband said blowing things up - or shooting them - helped to survive such times. I send silver platters (larger than usual openings in traffic) and half penny nails (for the lack of a nail the kingdom was lost). May they appear when your need is for the good of all and may it harm none.

Comrade Misfit said...

I had a 24-hr bug.

dinthebeast said...

May you be feeling much better very soon.

-Doug in Oakland

Comrade Misfit said...

I feel much better. My experience has been with such bugs that, if one takes the day off and gets lots of rest, the bug departs. If one tries to power through it, the bug lingers.

The Bug Tax must be paid.

Keaaukane said...

Per Ambrose Bierce, Bella Donna, beautiful woman in Italian, deadly poison in English.

Hope you are feeling better.
I suspected you were not feeling well when you didn't jump on Drumps "He knew the job was dangerous when he took it" comment.

CenterPuke88 said...

I suspect that dish is better served cold. We wait for Donnie's evidence and hear from others, and see how deep he'll dig the hole.