Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Shorter Huckabee Sanders: Inappropriate to Point Out the Lies of a General
Plus Tab-Clearing and Updates

I'm not sure why she thinks that a retired general should not be subject to being called out for spouting falsehoods, but that's what Trump's Duty Liar seems to believe.
Video of a 2015 speech delivered by Representative Frederica S. Wilson revealed Friday that John F. Kelly, the White House chief of staff, misrepresented her remarks when he accused her of bragging about securing $20 million for a South Florida F.B.I. building and twisting President Barack Obama’s arm.

Mr. Kelly, escalating a feud between Mr. Trump and Ms. Wilson, had cast the congresswoman on Thursday as a publicity-seeking opportunist. However, the video, released by The Sun Sentinel, a newspaper in South Florida, showed that during her nine-minute speech, Ms. Wilson never took credit for getting the money for the building, only for helping pass legislation naming the building after two fallen federal agents.
...
Ms. Sanders also told a reporter who questioned Mr. Kelly’s veracity that “if you want to get into a debate with a four-star Marine general, I think that that’s something highly inappropriate.”
I suspect that one can always tell that a person didn't serve in the military by the aura of infallibility that they tend to ascribe to flag/general officers. Those who have served know otherwise.
--------------------------------------
Meanwhile, the World Health Organization had second thoughts about designating one of the world's worst despots as a "goodwill ambassador."
--------------------------------------
The Model 15 that I bought recently shoots fine. I wasn't up to an extended range session, but it'll easily put six rounds into a circle the size of the bottom of a coffee cut at ten yards, if I do my part.

I'll have to try painting the front sight orange or getting a wider notch for the rear sight. I could not see any light between the front sight blade and the rear notch, at least on an indoor range. (I can outdoors.)

I don't know why a gun designed for police use came out with a grooved trigger, instead of a smooth one, but I guess that things were different fifty years or so ago.

5 comments:

David said...

It might be worth your time to check out a Weigand replacement rear sight blade for the 15. I had one installed on a 19 years ago, and it's amazing how much it cleans up the sight picture. I believe he gives you a few options on rear notch width as well.

Only caveat is to check rule compliance with any competitions you're participating in.

After reading these posts, I'm afraid you've got me scanning the auction sites for older Smiths, I think you've cost me some money.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you may have a target trigger on that M15. Is it fairly wide in addition to being grooved?

Nangleator said...

Re: Huckabee... As a president*, is it possible to PR yourself into a military dictatorship? I always assumed those started with actual, you know, military force. Kind of like if the dear* leader* wangled a military parade to pass by government buildings, just kind of hoping something positive (for him) would happen.

Comrade Misfit said...

David, I don't compete in anything other than club matches. Nobody's going to care. I'll look into Weigand, thanks.

Anon 10/23 @ 5am, it's a narrow trigger.

Comrade Misfit said...

I'll have to dig out my micrometer and see what is the width of the current notch.