Words of Advice:

"Never Feel Sorry For Anyone Who Owns an Airplane."-- Tina Marie

"
If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

"
Flying the Airplane is More Important than Radioing Your Plight to a Person on the Ground
Who is Incapable of Understanding or Doing Anything About It.
" -- Unknown

"There seems to be almost no problem that Congress cannot,
by diligent efforts and careful legislative drafting, make ten times worse.
" -- Me

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

Monday, January 7, 2013

Where the Hell is Tippy-Toe, Louisiana?

Turns out that it was just another mondegreen. It's "Thibodeaux". I never knew that.



I also wondered what kind of name was "Duck Millsouth"-- it's "Doc Milsap".

4 comments:

LRod said...

Half the Cajuns in Louisiana are named Thibodeaux. The other half are named Boudreaux. That's how you start any coon-ass joke—"Thibodeaux and Boudreaux were sittin' in their pirogue…"

My daughter currently lives amongst them. She's on the very northern part of Lake Pontchartrain within a couple of miles of that crazy bayou logger, Shelby Stanga on Ax Men.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

Suz said...

I have loved that song for many many years...

Comrade Misfit said...

I was on a SWA flight before Xmas; the captain took the PA before pushback, thanked everyone for flying SWA and said that she had asked the FA yo do the initial announcement in a Cajun accent. She did (I saw at least four smartphones recording it). Then the gate agent came on board and asked if Mr. Boudreaux was on board.

The FA muttered: "She gets me to do that and there is a real Cajun onboard."

Jim said...

I remember this one from when I was a little rascal. Yeah, I thought it was Buckmill Sap all these years. I got it right now.