Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Could Comcast's Customer Service Suck Any More?
I Don't Think So!

A friend of mine has a boatload of Comcast: Triple play, HD service, with some pay channels. her DVR box, an Explorer 8100 began skipping on playback. They gave her a new one (or new to her) Explorer 8300.

The box has been refreshed, repowered and still this: A lot of the HD channels appear in 4:3, not 16:9. The TV is a 16:9 HD one. Nothing's been changed. But the damn HD channels are not presenting all of the time in 16:9.

Four calls to customer service. First guy tried to refresh it. Second rep, a woman, dumped the call to Spanish language, and the person there couldn't speak English (which is no real surprise). The third guy couldn't help at all (and he was barely comprehensible). She's now on the phone to the fourth guy to get someone to come out.

What the fuck? Why is it so hard to get an answer from these asswipes? Do they specialize in non-support support calls?

She's going to switch service in short order if those jagoffs can't fix it for her.

8 comments:

Chuck Pergiel said...

Phone calls to customer service are a crap shoot. Sometimes they go very well. I call, I talk to someone, they take care of the issue and we are done. It's really nice. I have learned to treasure these moments because the odds are about even that you will spend an unholy amount of time waiting to talk to someone who, for any number of reasons, will not help you. My advice: use a speaker phone. That way you don't get a cramp in your hand holding the phone to your ear while you are on hold. Also, you can type while waiting. If you don't get a solution the first time you call, cancel the service, whatever it is.

wolfbitch said...

Won't matter if she switches service, though. These mega-corporations don't give a rat's arse about customer service because they don't have to. They deal in quantity of customers, not quality of service.

I've got two choices in my area - Comcast or Verizon, which is to say, I have no choices at all.

ComcastCares1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the poor experience. I work for Comcast and I will be happy to reach out to my local colleagues to make sure that this is resolved. Please feel free to contact me provide your info and a link to this page, if you need my help.

Thanks,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Comrade Misfit said...

Charles, she was using a speaker phone.

Wolfbitch, her alternative is a local company. They've not as nice service, but their customer service is a lot better.

Mark, I'll pass your email along to her. She's waiting for a callback from the fourth dude (she was on the phone to "customer service" for over three hours today) who has said that he'd try something else.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Gosh, here I thought using a speaker phone was a new idea. Silly me. It sure made a difference in my life once I figured it out.

As for the evil twins: you do have choice beyond the big two, and that it is to do without. Yes, I know, it's heresy and I will no doubt burn in heck for all eternity for daring to mention such a thing.

One another note, how do you feel about Barney Frank?

Ruckus said...

I like how the paying customer can't get good service in the normal way, but blogs are monitored for mention of crappy service. One would think time could be better spent fixing the problems rather trying to look good on a blog.

Comrade Misfit said...

Charles, another alternative is a headset. I have a phone that will take a standard cellphone headset, so I use that a lot.