It takes a certain lack of moral courage, I suppose, to take the shillings of a political party for thirty years, retire*, and then upon retiring, throw open the curtain of the machine that the same person spent thirty years feeding and nurturing.
Beyond that, is he saying anything that we don't already know? I think not:
- The Republicans only seek to serve the interests of their rich donors.
- The Republican party is full of fundamentalist/chickenhawk crackpots.
- The Republicans would eagerly ruin this country as an economic/military power if there was a perceived benefit to the rich in doing so. And they do see a benefit to the rich and the corporations in destroying the government.
- The Democrats are too spineless to call out the Republicans' willful destruction of this country.
- The national news media is too craven to point any of this out.
So excuse me if I don't join the "Mike Lofgren Cheering Society".
* Presumably with an intact pension.