Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, September 11, 2010

If You Like Instant Oatmeal

Then you should never try Steel Cut Irish Oats.


In comparison, instant oatmeal tastes like glue. Steel cut oatmeal takes awhile to prepare (it has to simmer for 30 minutes), but it is worth the wait.

4 comments:

Yogi said...

I toast the oatmeal in a pan with a little butter until it is lightly browned, and then cook it in a mixture of 1/4 milk and 3/4 water, stirring with the back end of a wooden spoon. I have had self-proclaimed oatmeal haters come back for 3rds.

Do you read Simple Cooking, the food letter by John and Matt Lewis Thorne? Well worth it.

BTW, I agree with everything you said in the next post. Can we drag you into office? (I know, not bloody likely. Or, no fucking way, one of the two.)

Be well, EB.

Comrade Misfit said...

My idea of simple cooking involves doing things like spreading peanut butter on bread or eating sardines out of the can. When I feel like fancy coking, I'll fry an egg or two.

Can we drag you into office? (I know, not bloody likely. Or, no fucking way, one of the two.)

Choice #2 is a winner.

dinthebeast said...

We used to wholesale McCann's Irish Oatmeal at a warehouse where I worked, and I remember that inside each case was what looked like an old theatre (or raffle) ticket. Printed on it were the words "export pinhead". I used to save them whenever we sold a partial case, so I probably still have some lying around. I never did find out what they were, some international shipping regulation I would imagine.

-Doug in Oakland

tom said...

We make it in our rice cooker, no muss no fuss and it tastes NOTHING like rolled oatmeal...