I relied on all of you and your personal representations in this case about what has been issued in discovery, about the types of searches you have done for exculpatory material, about what arguments you will and will not make in this case. And I do that because, first of all, I treat every attorney who appears before me as an officer of the court. But secondly, because I put even more reliance on Department of Justice attorneys. Your sole goal is to do justice. Your client is justice itself.
I do believe deeply in the presumption of regularity and that most government attorneys are doing the best they can to do the right thing. That trust has been broken.
This is going to spread and judges are going to regard US Attorneys and prosecutors as scum-sucking liars.
Trump is the Reserve King Midas: Everything he touches turns to shit.
2 comments:
I sent the excerpted transcript (previous post) to a college classmate who'd been a federal prosecutor; he called me up and said reading it had him in tears for blatant dishonor and perversion of justice by the Feds. He'd never once had a charge of prosecutorial misconduct laid against him and keenly felt what how the DoJ had fallen.
In reply to your question: Why Not Both?
Post a Comment