Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"Thou Shalt Get Sidetracked by Bullshit, Every Goddamned Time." -- The Ghoul

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck,
"FOFF" = Felonious Old Fat Fuck,
"COFF" = Convicted Old Felonious Fool,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie, A/K/A Felon^34,
A/K/A Dolt-45, A/K/A Don Snoreleone

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Dear Online Marketing and Promotional Companies: Go Suck Off a Cape Buffalo

If you click on a link for a newsletter or information, that stuff starts appearing in your inbox in nanoseconds. But if you ask them to delete your email, they say that can take up to ten business days.

Why? Does somebody have to write the email addresses on clay tablets, bake them in a kiln, and then transport them by donkey cart to the office that does the actual task?

{grumble}

Where's my frigging coffee?

3 comments:

w3ski said...

One company wanted me to go to a different site to opt out. The other site was click bait city so I just spammed them in my Email. Eventually they dropped me on their own. I had thought they were required to drop me on my request, big surprise there. Now to deal with a persistent overseas caller trying to get me a back brace on Medi-cal. When they call there is a connection chirp that alerts me to hang up before they talk. Damned privateers.
w3ski

Eck! said...

Depending on what and what I use one of three Gmail accounts.
One is for anything I may want to look at but must "sign in" or provide email, I look at the account one a maybe per month to delete all.
The second is used for places like here and is occasionally checked
for potentially important stuff.
I have a third that is an email reflector and a one way forwarder.
The last is my direct email and the usual system email (thunderbird)
collects that.

IT frustrates them... However the dialers are often sequential or got it from a supplier and I resnt the suppliers selling it or not protecting it.
First rule, odd locations or number I don't pick up, if I do pick up and hear the characteristic boop I hang up. Robocall is a friend.

Oh and nearly no one calls me on the cell, I either know them or they message me.

Eck!

dinthebeast said...

The Biden administration has proposed a regulation requiring unsubscribing to take as many or fewer clicks as subscribing.

-Doug in Sugar Pine