Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie

Friday, March 5, 2010

Nah

Yesterday ended on kind of a shitty note. I was in a pretty foul mood when I arrived home.

But the cats still needed to be fed. And when I sat on my bed after I changed out of my working duds, George and Jake jumped onto the bed for some attention from me. A little later, when I sat on my couch to watch the news,[1] Gracie climbed into my lap and purr-bombed me. Jake laid on the back of the couch, behind my head, and did the same

It's pretty hard to maintain a bad mood when surrounded by purring cats.

[1] I watched the news up to the point when they started talking about the Grifter from Wasillia, who apparently wants her own alternative reality show. If that's what rates being covered on a 22 minute evening news show, there must not be anything important going on anywhere in the world. It's so nice to live in a time without natural disasters, famines, wars and so on.... Oh wait, those things do exist. It's just that the boneheads at ABC News don't think they are as important as the doings of the Quitter from Alaska.

5 comments:

Nangleator said...

"Hey, national press: Leave my kids alone! Now, watch them on television, instead! But respect their privacy!"

Mule Breath said...

I say they should give ol' moose breath her show. Maybe it would keep her closer to her own home and out of ours.

CAPCHA=messe

Yep, sure is.

Nangleator said...

My most recent cat therapy incident involved poring over tax documents in a blue funk, and getting a head butt from one of the orange stripey beasts in my house. Cats love paperwork, of course, but this treatment was especially for me.

montag said...

Good owners know when to give their human extra special attention.

Unknown said...

It wasn’t that long ago that I thought that all TV news could not get any shallower, well I was wrong. The tide does go out further. Before we ridicule them; remember, they are at least paid well.