Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thug; Ventilated

50 rounds of .45 ACP ball at about seven yards:

I used the magnets to tack it to the refrigerator door to try and get some contrast with the target itself. Most of the shots were from practicing a Mozambique drill: Two shots as quickly as possible into the torso, followed by an aimed shot to the face. My second shots seem to hit lower and one would have given him a 230gr liposuction. A couple of the first shots would have smashed his gun hand and likely ended things that way.

One of the headshots was a clean miss (might have grazed him), the others would have put him down.

Thug is taking an old-style stance of looking over the sights, not really using them, and using his off-hand to protect his heart.

The cartridges were some Sellier & Bellot stuff that was in my ammo box. It had to be close to ten years old; I'm trying to make an effort to shoot out the older stuff that I have on hand, now that the Great Ammo Shortage seems to be easing.

5 comments:

SkinnyDennis said...

So you stuck it to the fridge after target practice, right?

Sometimes what's left over in mine deserves to be blown away.

Comrade Misfit said...

Yeah, after.

SkinnyDennis said...

Good shootin', by the way!

Comrade Misfit said...

I'm not terribly happy with it. My second shots are all over the target and it was taking me too damn long to line up for the first shot. And the weapon is still fairly new to me.

I need to practice more, I think.

SkinnyDennis said...

Oh. Well, it's a darn sight better than I'd have done.