Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Flake Equation

From xkcd:

(As always, click on the image to embiggen)

In a conversation a few months ago, an acquaintance was describing something that had happened to her. At the end of her tale, she said: "I can't explain it, it must have been a miracle."

I said: "What do you mean by `I can't explain it', you just did."

She looked at me as though I had just switched over to speaking in Swedish. I left it at that rather than go on and point out that not having a rational explanation for the occurrence, she was offering an irrational explanation.

There are times that I'd like to have a retail store, just for the fun of pricing something as "$√-36, one per customer", just to see how long it would take for someone to try to pay for it with imaginary money.

4 comments:

smellsofbikes said...

Oh, paying for that would be easy: you just need to scrawl the sum in on the check with a pen that writes at a right angle to the paper.
It's an Apple product: the iPen.

Cujo359 said...

The link thingy doesn't work. (IOW, clicking does not embiggen).

I'm sure that comic equation's resemblance to the Drake equation is no accident. It certainly makes it funnier.

Cujo359 said...

Then I re-read the title of the comic. Yes, I'll go have some quiet time now.

Comrade Misfit said...

I was going to say......