Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Apologies to Commenters

Three of my blogs now have been hit with waves of comment spam from fucking Chinese language spammers. They are either paying workers to deal with captcha verification or they have developed a bot to deal with it.

Either way, I have enabled comment moderation on my blogs. I hate doing that, for it really kills off the dynamics of people commenting, but I also don't want to have to spend the time deleting tens of spam comments.

I'd rant about how I really hate those low-life fuckers, but I'd be preaching to the choir on this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade your Chinese spammers for my Russian mail-order bride spammers.

Cujo359 said...

I apparently have a problem with something called "ED" ...

I wrote an article on how to selectively moderate comments. You can make it so that comments older than X days will go into moderation. Good for two reasons - first, it discourages spam. Second, you don't miss comments people want to leave on an article you wrote five years ago.

Comrade Misfit said...

Cujo, I was doing that (14 day window), but the motherfuckering spammers came in under that window.

I'll revert once the tide of spam goes out.

Anonymous said...

No prob.
Speaking of low-life fuckers, check this out: http://swinegenerator.blogspot.com/2010/03/monkey-in-ken-cuccinellis-mind.html

Comrade Misfit said...

I think I'll try for a 3 day window and see if that works.