Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"Thou Shalt Get Sidetracked by Bullshit, Every Goddamned Time." -- The Ghoul

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck,
"FOFF" = Felonious Old Fat Fuck,
"COFF" = Convicted Old Felonious Fool,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie, A/K/A Felon^34,
A/K/A Dolt-45, A/K/A Don Snoreleone

Sunday, July 21, 2024

One Touchstone to Keep in Mind Over the Coming Days: Fuck the Republicans, Every Last One of Them

ETA: Read what Jess Piper has to say on this.


The MAGA Morons are going to be bleating that Biden has to run because he's the nominee. He's not. The nomination is not official until the convention. Delegates are normally bound only for the first vote and then they can vote for whomsover they want. It's not unheard of for candidates to release their delegates; how many delegates voted for Nikki Haley last week at the Nazi MAGA party rally last week?

They're going to bleat that this is unfair to those who voted for Biden, which is even more bullshit, because Republicans don't give a fuck about any of that.

So, however this plays out, fuck Republicans. Every one of them. They all hate this country, they want to destroy our democracy, which is the entire point of Project 2025.

Biden recognized that he's not up for this and he stepped aside as a candidate. The other fucker, well, he's been convicted of felonies, has lost civil cases for sexual assault and defamation and yet his cult is standing behind him.

We're now in interesting times, folks. Strap in.

And keep your powder dry.

10 comments:

Jones, Jon Jones said...

Matt Taibbi wins his dinner bet with Chris Cuomo. I had by Monday at Linkedin
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7219903288668815360/

DTWND said...

I doubt if there would be any debates going forward. The Trump campaign already declined to have a Vance/Harris debate. And either Harris or Buttigieg would mop the floor in a debate with against Trump. But the Right refuses to acknowledge the basic human indecency of their rapist candidate, and therefore will not consider any other option as viable.

Dale

dinthebeast said...

Well, I certainly hope that the folks who convinced him to step aside know what the fuck they're doing.

-Doug in Sugar Pine

Eck! said...

I am more concerned by FOFF's monkeys.

Vote Democrat! Remember the traitors.

Me I'm battening down the hatches. Its gotten far too
interesting for me.


Eck!

Comrade Misfit said...

Some of his monkeys have already come by here. Their insane ravings are in the bit bucket.

Eck! said...

When I say monkeys I don't mean most of the loose gear keyboard
commandos from their basement. I mean the ones out on the street
and in government doing the interviews.

Those people started on Harris less than two hours after Biden
announced.Least it took that long to find more than two stories
from likely the same source at two outlets.

Eck!

w3ski said...

I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I can't get over the feeling that we are living in the last few months of a free democracy. I don't see Joe dropping out as a good thing, I think we blew our one chance at restoring freedom. Please let me be wrong.
w3ski

Dark Avenger said...

Doug in Sugar Pine, I’ve never been in doubt of Biden’s judgement, even now. He could read the writing on the wall, and perhaps has known for a while he can’t campaign and deal with the many challenges on his plate as POTUS simultaneously.

To any Republicans reading this

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to end this call., and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without racism and sexism, without exploitation or hatred. A place where the American Dream is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Eck! said...

Matrix?

Sorta fits well.

Me I'm for never give up, never surrender.
And rust always wins, it erodes the substrate and
works from the inside. Rust always wins!

More seriously the concept of conserving, protecting,
and being a good steward is not the so called conservative
party as they preserve nothing and align with a policy that
is not sustainable.

Vote Democrat.


Eck!

Stewart Dean said...

Before Joe's withdraw announce, Jess had written on Sunday...about no longer being in the Southern Baptist faith she grew up with...hearing the church bells while she weeded her garden and recalling a hymn she knows so well....I wept to read the heart and soul of what she wrote...
https://jesspiper.substack.com/p/tickseed-and-the-old-rugged-cross


I have deconstructed from my Southern Baptist faith. I live each day trying to move on from the misogyny and patriarchy I learned over the years. I have moved on from much of my indoctrination, but I will forever find solace and beauty in the old hymns. They were a comfort to generations of folks living difficult lives and enduring grief and pain. And so I am drawn in with each refrain.

I am taken back to my youth…

My grandpa took me to his Baptist church when I visited each summer. My grandma refused to attend with him, but he could always make me go. I didn’t enjoy it much — the church was strict and made women wear dresses and grow their hair out. They didn’t approve of makeup, but let it slide if lightly applied. But, they also rolled out the old hymns every week.

I couldn’t get enough.

Grandpa wore his brown suit and put oil in his hair and smiled as he sang…he didn’t smile much, so this was always a joy to behold. He would hold my hand and look at peace. His life had been tough. He lost a son to Muscular Dystrophy, and where he had been a difficult man before, he became even more demanding and sometimes downright cruel. But, every Sunday, he transformed. He sang the old songs and found relief.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true
It's shame and reproach gladly bear
Then he'll call me some day to my home far away
Where his glory forever I'll share

My grandpa and grandma were tortured on this earth, but both found peace in the hymns.

I take after my grandma. She could appreciate the community in the church. She loved the other women. She did not appreciate the patriarchy. She spoke little on religion, except to occasionally speak on the con artists who claimed to be able to spare her son if she just believed enough and tithed enough and spent her time looking for her own faults that resulted in her son’s disease. It was cruel and she recognized it. She never forgave those men, but she never stopped believing in something bigger than herself. She was spiritual — she was not religious.

And she loved flowers.


Jess works both sides of the street: politics...and the heart and soul. There's more.