Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, January 30, 2017

Meh; Bangity Ed.

Bullseye practice: .22 rimfire, open sight S&W Model 17, 6" barrel, with Winchester bulk-pack cartridges. 50' slow fire.


Not terrible, but not great. I don't seem to do as well on an indoor range as I do outdoors. The last time I seriously shot this gun at a match, one of the other shooters said that I was using ammunition that I had swept up off of the floor at a range. Probably because he was shooting match-grade stuff (and I whomped his ass).

The nice thing about the range is that, if I'm the only shooter and if I have a weapon properly equipped, they'll let me switch off the range lights and do some low-light practice.

8 comments:

B said...

50 feet?

Nice.

Comrade Misfit said...

Yep, I corrected the post to add the distance parameter.

I'd like to get them all into the black, though. If I can consistently break 80, I'll fee as though I'm getting somewhere.

B said...

I run about 475 in Bullseye...

Not quite there, but I don't practice as often as I should.



Comrade Misfit said...

Oh. I run about 755 with that gun.

w3ski said...

Do you think you might have a tight chamber?
Just a wondering
w3ski

B said...

I was talking in a 600 match

Comrade Misfit said...

Ah. My club shoots a 900 match.

Comrade Misfit said...

w3ski,

Could be. But then I'd have to take the trouble to number all of the chambers and then shoot groups from each. Sounds like work. ;)