Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Caturday; Nap Edition

George and Jake are taking a morning snooze.



In other news, I am in the process of both moving and opening up my own law practice in the Midwest. The area that I am going to seems to be primed for some decent economic growth. I've already made a couple of trips out there, the most recent to find a place to live and to talk about some office space. The movers are coming in the not too distant future to move my crap out and then there will be the moving in and unpacking and setting up shop and other stuff like that there.

While this is all exciting to me, I won't pretend that I am not a little bit scared. I'm both moving and opening a business at a time where there is no shortage of economic uncertainty. More personally, I'm taking this leap at a point in life when other people are figuring out their retirement plans. But that all is what it is and I will try to keep the risks in perspective. And I won't deny that I am looking forward to living in a state that is not as insane about firearms as the NY-NJ area.

The reason that I am mentioning all of this is that for the foreseeable future, my blogging will be erratic. I might get a few posts up on some days while on other days (or for a few days at a time), there won't be any posts. But please stay tuned and, when there is not a recent post, there is lots of good stuff to read in the blogrolls.

10 comments:

Peter said...

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. If you find yourself down TN way, drop me a line (my e-mail addy's in my blog profile) and we'll meet up somewhere. If you're further North, I get up that way sometimes - there's a neat gunblogger meetup in Indianapolis every month.

Here's to your future success!

w3ski said...

Congrats to you and your fuzzy family.
w3ski

Comrade Misfit said...

Thanks, Peter. Which side of TN (east or west)? The Indy blogmeet is a bit far and, for personal reasons, I'd probably wouldn't make the tip.

W3ski, thanks.

wolfbitch said...

Best of luck on your new venture, Comrade! Sounds exciting! There's nothing like starting over, it's like re-learning that you can fly!

Peter said...

Nashville area, so we're pretty central. Will drive for food!

;-)

Comrade Misfit said...

Peter, Nashville is doable. Trust me, you don't want to drive much of a distance to eat what I can cook.

:)

Frank W. James said...

Good Luck and Congratulations on trying something new out of the usual. I'm not moving but deciding not to farm anymore took a few of the elements in terms decision making. It makes Life more interesting; probably easier in my case than yours, but still Good Luck and Great Fortune...

All The Best,
Frank W. James

Comrade Misfit said...

Thanks, Frank. I tell myself that the only thing I'm really risking is money.

Cujo359 said...

Good luck with the move. Generally speaking, I wouldn't want to move to the Midwest (no mountains, less culture), but some parts aren't too bad. Hope things work out for you, and there are lots of folks with legal troubles in your new home. ;)

Sarah said...

Good for you! Sounds like a new beginning. Where, roughly, in the middle? Any closer to Oshkosh?