Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Froggy

I was feeling a bit off yesterday, so I canceled some plans and just rested. I did make a trip to the range and got in a little more practice, but other than that and cleaning my bathroom (which was approaching "biohazard" status), I did bupkis and I got in a 3-hr nap.

The weather was awful, anyway. Lots of low clouds and foggy until almost noon yesterday. A few airports in the Northeast had Fall fly-ins Saturday that were probably trashed by the weather.

After really sleeping in today, I went flying. There is a bit of a breeze around here, so it was a bit bumpy. Great visibility, but bumpy enough that I left my camera in the flight bag, so no aerial shots today. There were a couple of nice Pitts Specials at the airport restaurant's ramp. I think they were both S-1s, which are single-seaters. A really pretty Stinson 108-3 taxied by as I was doing my pre-flight and I saw a gorgeous looking Cessna 170B.

This is a Pitts, not the one I saw.



This is a Cessna 170:




One of these days, I need to take my Vaquero to the range. It's fun to shoot, even with the 19th Century sights.

2 comments:

JPFlier said...

Hello Froggy,
I was wondering if the picture of the 170 is one that you took or where you got it from. I would like to get permission, from whoever owns it, to use it on a business card. Let me know asap please.
Thanks
Hans
JPFlier@yahoo.com

Comrade Misfit said...

I found it with Google Images, I don't recall where it comes from.

Run "Cessna 170" as a search; I suspect it's a promo photo from Cessna.