Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Country Music Songwriters Are in Trouble

AI can do a passable job of it.

This was the prompt I gave Google's Bard:

Write a country song. The singer is a man whose wife left him and took the Chevrolet pickup truck. He wants the truck back.

This is what it came up with:

(Verse 1) I woke up this morning, my wife was gone She took the kids and the dog and the Chevrolet pickup truck I don't know what I did wrong, but I guess I must have done something 'Cause she left me without a word, and I'm feeling all alone

(Chorus) I just want my truck back It's the only thing I have left of her I know it's just a truck, but it means the world to me I just want my truck back

(Verse 2) I used to drive that truck all over town We'd go fishing, camping, and just cruise around It was our truck, and now it's gone I don't know what I'm going to do without it

(Chorus) I just want my truck back It's the only thing I have left of her I know it's just a truck, but it means the world to me I just want my truck back

(Bridge) I know I should be grateful that she left me But I'm not, I'm just sad and lonely I miss her, and I miss the truck

(Chorus) I just want my truck back It's the only thing I have left of her I know it's just a truck, but it means the world to me I just want my truck back

(Outro) I'll never forget the day she left She took the kids, the dog, and the truck I'm all alone now, but I'll keep on truckin' 'Cause I know that one day, I'll get my truck back.

So, then I tried this prompt:

Write a blues song about a country music songwriter who lost his job because you (Bard) could write country music songs.

The result:

(Verse 1) I used to be a country music songwriter, I wrote songs that made people cry and sing. But then Bard came along, And he could write country music songs just as good as me.

(Chorus) So they gave me the axe, And told me to hit the bricks. They said Bard was the future, And I was the past.

(Verse 2) I'm sitting here on my porch, Drinking a bottle of cheap wine. I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do, Now that I'm out of a job.

(Chorus) I guess I'll just have to start over, And find a new way to make a living. But it won't be easy, Knowing that Bard is out there, Taking my place.

(Bridge) I'm not bitter, I'm just disappointed. I thought I had something special, But I guess I was wrong.

(Chorus) So here's to Bard, The new king of country music. I hope he does well, Because if he doesn't, We're all in trouble.

That's more meh, but I've heard worse.

6 comments:

Ten Bears said...

Nothing about trains, or mama ... or prison

Eck! said...

Or the dog.

What separates good country from the formula crap is mostly
the whole act or being somehow unique story.

That a good tune and guitar!

After reading that, meh, at best.


Eck!

CenterPuke88 said...

Missing “the Bible” and “jeans”.

Jones, Jon Jones said...

CM has been in the shitter for some time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnrdCS57d0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgtWomWg90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzI6jDqi7OY

I leave you with the Pointer Sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQWgKvvbT1g

Sikhandtake Rakhuvar said...

I tried to get an AI image generator to make a crossbreed of a sharpei and a poodle, but just got sharpei pics. Maybe need better phrasing. Do any of those AIs know how to do morphs?

DWW said...

I submit that most modern pop and mainstream Country (but I repeat myself) songs are already effectively written by AI.
The big labels assemble teams of writers to turn out generic, non offensive, focus group approved drivel that can play nationally on stations from Bismarck to Bradenton…
If the singer is a big name, they might get carried along for a co-writer credit.
Don’t forget, it all has to fit in 2 min and 45 seconds. Bonus points if they can slip in some major name product placement for co-branding opportunities. No creativity, no originality, just safe, profitable music. Same thing is Hollywood.
All AI is doing is replacing the record execs and the “paid by the song” writers.

Oddly enough, they’re also written to eliminate individual musicianship..
Draw your own conclusions there.

Go look up Jason Eady and “AM Country Heaven” for a more poetic explanation…