Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Why Computerized Job Searching Services Should Be Beaten With Large Hammers

It's no secret to most longtime readers that I was employed when I started this blog. Then I wasn't.

At the time, I signed up for a number of job-matching services. One of them was a service that used to advertise a lot. So I filled out the form and told them that I was looking for jobs in which the key word was "attorney".

Now some of those services are about as hard to get out of as the Mafia or the IRA. They keep sending me job alerts, which I can't seen to sign off of, so I just delete them.

This is an excerpt from one of them.


Remember, I told them I was an attorney and I was seeking jobs in the legal field.

Does anyone have any idea how I would be even remotely qualified for a job as a "field nurse" or a "periop nurse"?

4 comments:

CenterPuke88 said...

Maybe most of the attorneys they deal with have extensive ambulance chasing resumes? And dem nurses dun works wit ambulances too, Jethro...might be a match!

It is exciting to find some other services or mailing lists that are almost as impossible to get off as some of those I've popped-up on recently. Now I feel less put upon.

Old NFO said...

One can only wonder if they crossed names...

BadTux said...

That service is a notorious scam. It doesn't surprise me that their search doesn't even work right.

Comrade Misfit said...

BadTux: Heh. I never gave them a dime.