Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Caturday

Jake is taking his ease on my bed. The sheets are off and in the washer.


I recently washed the white throw that he is lying on. I hadn't done that in months, I haven't needed to. When Gracie was alive, between her hairballing and tendency to sometimes get crap in her ass hairs (George also did that), I was washing that throw almost every week, sometimes more often.

Don't get me wrong, I miss both of them. But one cat is a lot less work than three.

2 comments:

w3ski said...

And, a younger healthier cat is easier too. My old girl doesn't even clean her whiskers anymore. Some of the younger outdoor cats don't even pick up stickers in the yard. I appreciate my old girl every day, just have to see what's next.
w3ski

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

my older cat has developed inappropriate elimination behavior, and so the workload has increased - in the fullness of time this will stop (unless i'm gone before she is - no one is promised tomorrow) - as d.h. lawrence wrote, "love lures life on"