Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, July 30, 2009

It Helps to Have More Money Than God

If your idea of fun is owning, restoring and then flying a pair of Russian Su-27s:



(If the player doesn't work, this is the link.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It would help, yes. Gordon Baxter's joke was that the answer to "how much does it cost to fly?" is "well, all of it.". The very rich are so very visible, and so very envied by people like me.

At my home airport there are lots of warbirds and antiques... T6's up through B25's and 2 or 3 trimotors. And jets. Lots of L39s and a couple Fouga Magisters, One guy an alley away from my club has an L29, L39, Mig-17, Pa18 on floats and a nice Piper single ... a Malibu I think. Sigh.

Ah well. Everything is relative. I am lucky to fly what I do as much as I do, and realize there are people less well off who envy *me* as bizarre as that may be.

Off to Oshkosh to ogle airplanes..

Comrade Misfit said...

I've not done Oshkosh. I did Sun & Fun twice. I loved seeing all the airplanes, I hated all the crowds. The second year, I came close to having a mid-air when some faster-mover almost ran into me over Lake Parker.

When I'm rich enough to go in an IFR Mallard or Albatross with built-in sleeping quarters, maybe.

Otherwise, meh!