He seems to have absolutely lost his shit over the casting of The Odyssey.
I gather that none of his handlers have managed to convince him that The Odyssey is a myth. It's a story that may have a kernel of truth in its core, but it may not. Hell, scholars debate whether or not the Trojan War occurred or if there was some ancient conflict over 3,000 years ago that was mythologized into the Trojan War. Odysseus probably didn't exist, but even if he did, most of the creatures described in the take didn't exist-- witches, sirens, multi-headed sea monsters, cyclopses, Greek gods, etc.
I don't know how one has a "historically accurate" representation of something that never happened in the first place, but then I'm not the World's Richest Parasite.
Thigh Know What I’m Doing
7 hours ago


5 comments:
Revisionist Historically Accurate: The good guys will be white, the bad guys brown.
I'm looking forward to a historically accurate rendition of The Lord of the Rings
So far all I have seen that didn't seem right was Odysseus' bow, which in the ads for the movie I've seen was hella skinny.
-Doug in Sugar Pine
Ever since Ms Conway spouted ‘alternative facts’, the right has caused confusion and chaos throughout the society. Mr. Murrow and Mr Cronkite wouldn’t be employable in this day and age.
Dale
Some of these people still argue that it's a fact that Santa and the Little Mermaid were white. Also the late, great Hannibal Lector.
Post a Comment