Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Caturday, Guest Cat Memorial Edition

Boo. 1993(?)-2013.


Boo was the house emperor for my dear friend and co-blogger, Eck! Boo had been in decline for the last couple of months. Which I hadn't seen, as I live half-the-country away, now. Time was that I lived a few towns over, I got to see a lot of Boo back in the day.

Boo was a seriously big cat. I don't mean fat, he was huge. The house had a cat tree that was at least six feet tall; Boo would crouch at the bottom to cock his hips and then spring up, grabbing with his front and back paws on an intermediate level and thus vaulting himself onto the top level. To watch him do it, it looked as though he was running up the side of the cat tree.

Eck!'s description of Boo as a "gentle giant" is apt. He was a very friendly cat. I assume that he had his tolerance limits, but I never reached them. When I stayed the night, the large "guest couch" was also his bed, which he shared without complaint.

In Boo's old domain, there are some people with some raw holes in their hearts tonight. The many peole who got to know Boo will, hopefully, have a drink of their libation of choice tonight in memory of his time with us.

All Hail the Cat, Aye!

2 comments:

w3ski said...

I am going to have to find a new 'avatar' for mail. That is/was "Clutter", my baby. She came from a mall parking lot the day it began to snow, and she had a permanent sniffle to remind me. She ruled the house, herding both Saint Bernards and cats at her will. She was my baby for close to 18 years. She was sick and thin and wheezy but she'd still fend the dog away from her 'table'. When she stopped eating I had to let her go. She wandered to the bedroom on her last night to sleep next to me and purr goodbye and now she has a place of honor in my yard. I may just leave her here to remind me how awesome a cat can be. She was part "Turkish Van" and all cattitude.
w3ski

Borepatch said...

I'm sorry for the hole in your heart.