Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

LARPing with a M-1 Carbine

Gun Jesus does it:



Some years ago, I moved from a 2A free state to one that is quite a bit restrictive. I sold my AR-15 and magazines (for a lot less than I could have gotten, now) and other stuff, though, to be fair, a lot of that was due to a felt need to offset some medical bills. But I felt the need for a repeater to replace it. I considered a M-1 carbine, but opted for a SKS because of both ammo availability and the fact that I could get a boatload of stripper clips for the cost of a couple of ten-round magazines.

But I still would like one.

7 comments:

DTWND said...

I inherited my Dad’s M1A1. I have a ten round and 2 thirty round clips. But the ammo is steep, almost $1 per round. I could go thru about $2000 each time I go to out to the farm to shoot, 600 if my brothers show up. But all in all, it’s a nice rifle.

Dale

DTWND said...

$200 not 2000

(Twitchy finger)

Dale

Tod Germanica said...

Doesn't the SKS have better ballistics than the .30 carbine round, described as having pistol or revolver performance?

B said...

Consider a Ruger PC-9 when things settle down.

CenterPuke88 said...

Yea, but the SKS is just plain cheap fun.

B said...

SKS is awesome, until the supply of cheap 7.62 x 39 started to dry up.

0_0 said...

The SKS may or may not be better than the M1, or 7.62x39 may or may not be better than .30 Carbine, but "pistol or revolver performance" is false.