Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Arabian Horses

So I was recently at a lunchtime presentation for a civic-service club to which I am a member. The presentation was about a youth program wherein the yoots ride Arabian horses in competition.

There were about six people at my table. I muttered: "Only an Arab would bring..." and two people finished it up: "... a dog to war."



I was surprised that anyone else remembered that movie. After all, it was a massive bomb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help it, it must be said. Bullshit, no Arabian horse ever needed a spur. (Referring here to the movie scene.) As it enters your mind, the horse is already there and doing it.

I never especially cared for Arabians as I liked long-striding Thoroughbreds but fate saw to it that I rode a Polish Arabian the last 12 years of my riding life. What a joy. What a revelation. Very smart, agile, and kind. They will kill themselves to please you if you have the sense to reach them but they will not be forced. My lad looked dangerously hot but would break himself in half to avoid hurting you. Safe and understanding with small children and old people (me) but would "style out" and put on an impressive show when the circumstances felt right.

You probably can't tell it but I loved that horse. ;)

Jay in N.C.