Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Sunday, August 31, 2014

What the Hell; Microsoft Edition

Apologies for the quality of these photos, but I couldn't get them with screenshots.

So, every so often, this pops up on my computer screen:


But why something purportedly from Microsoft wants to install itself into a Garmin directory, I don't know.


The next three are from the boxes where I can look at its "certificate". Note that the validity date range expired in 2010.




I don't let it install. But I'm wondering what the hell it is and how do I get rid of it.

5 comments:

sps49 said...

The first part is Windows checking to see if you grant permission for software to change your system. If you don't know what it is, disallowal is the correct move.

I don't know what is asking, though.

Comrade Misfit said...

Wild guess: You were a Navy ET?

Phil said...

Dang, you have some serious skillz you don't talk about, don't you?

Allowing something you don't know what it is to messing around in your root kit is bad juju.

Don't ask me how I know this but it cost me a computer once, a long time ago.

S O said...

Old problem:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?56258-How-to-kill-Garmin-update-s-quot-sc-exe-quot

Comrade Misfit said...

S.O., thanks for the steer!