Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bangity, PPC Edition

My club had a PPC match today. It doesn't strictly follow the NRA's rules; the club likes to mix things up a little bit each year.

The course of fire is 45 rounds. I shot 433-19X with a S&W Model 19 (6") for my best round. I was three points off a perfect score until the 25 yard stage. Lots of 9s and two 8s.. sheesh. I know I can do better than that.

On my first run through, I shot 408-17X. I was shooting handloads for that, 4gr of Trail Boss pushing lead 158gr SWCs. I had one light primer strike on one stage and I fumbled the reload on another stage, so I ended up dropping two shots. For the second pass, I switched to Winchester White Box ammo from Wally-Woild. The reloading stages went smoother.

I might end up taking the gun in and have a local guy lightly chamfer the charging holes. My suspicion is that the sharp edges of the chambers were slightly grabbing the lead noses of the bullets. On the other hand, it is a "P&R" gun and I kind of hate to have anyone messing around with it.

4 comments:

w3ski said...

I forgot how you check at home but every Smith has one tight cylinder. Something to check and or fix if you get it to a competent shop.
A light strike sounds like that pesky screw came loose again, not uncommon if it was ever tweaked to begin with.
Good Shooting too. "I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning it smells like 'fun'.
w3ski

Comrade Misfit said...

w3ski, I've never tweaked that revolver. Every decade or so, I'll pop the sideplate, hit it with carb cleaner and follow with some oil. But that's it.

w3ski said...

The screw in the grip is the one I refer to. I once caused occasional light strikes by trying to adjust trigger tension.
If there is a way to screw one up, I've probably done it by accident.
w3ski

Comrade Misfit said...

Oh, the mainspring strain screw! Good thought. I just checked it, it was about a half-turn off snug. That might have been enough.