Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Flies

As I've written before, I try to go for a walk each day after work. This evening, a fly must have come through the door with me.

It's buzzing around my place and it is being watched by the cats, two of them in particular. If that fly comes close enough to one of them, it is going to become a tasty snack.

I give that fly 8 hours, 24 tops, before it becomes a food item.
------------

p.s., the fly was gone by morning. 8 hours was about right.

2 comments:

BadTux said...

My cats are clueless about that whole "hunting" thing, but flies are one thing they do manage to catch. They have to wait until the fly comes close enough to capture, though. Until then, they're staring up at it and going "meow! meow! meow!" demanding that I go catch the fly and put it someplace they can get it :-).

- Badtux the Cat-owned Penguin

Comrade Misfit said...

The fly was nowhere to be seen this morning, so I imagine that it has become prey.

I was tempted to hunt it down myself, if only to avid the chance that I would be woken up at 0300 by a cat chasing it across my head.

It has happened before.