Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck,
"FOFF" = Felonious Old Fat Fuck,
"COFF" = Convicted Old Felonious Fool,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset,
A/K/A P01135809, A/K/A Dementia Donnie,
A/K/A Dolt-45, A/K/A Don Snoreleone

Sunday, May 26, 2024

Well, Today Kinda Sucks

I've managed to acquire both a dose of poison ivy and a sunburn. They're not overlapping, but they are, in a spot, close to one another. The sunburn came from doing some lawn reseeding, the poison Ivy, maybe from clearing some vines that were beginning to strangle a tree.

Of course this happens on a holiday weekend. I'm hoping that the OTC stuff works OK, because I'd rather not have to make yet another trip to the ER. I've made a few in the last twelve months as it is (one from my own stupidity).

But the cookout is off. I don't think standing/sitting around outside is a wise idea, for the moment.

9 comments:

S M McBean said...

My condolences on the poison ivy. When I contact the stuff I wash my entire arms with soap in cool water. I used to use calamine, but lately I use copious amounts of cortisone cream. Now, practice your Zen powers of ignoring it. Best of luck, I feel your pain.

Jones, Jon Jones said...

Zanfel works

Old NFO said...

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Get better soon!

JustMusing said...

Odds Bodkins and a thousand gadzooks! Hoping that neither condition is too serious. At least it's a good long weekend to rest and recuperate before a crazy week that will need your blogging talents and A-game.

bearsense said...

Comrade. - -
Sorry to hear this.
I was not allergic to the “poison” plants until I had cancer ….. then, ………
Hope it clears up soon.

MarkS said...

If you're anywhere near the sea,soak in seawater.Should help both afflictions.

Comrade Misfit said...

Mark, I had never heard that.

Doug T. said...

My father used liquid skin for poison ivy. I haven’t tried that. I take rhus tox, made from poison ivy extract. My cases, increasingly rare, tend to be mild.

Stewart Dean said...

Technu is the stuff. It was originally developed as a super soap cleaner to wash off radioactive fallout...turns out it works a treat on poison ivy/oak. You use with COLD water and wash and wash...removes the urushiol without spreading it (as washing with warm water and soap does)
https://teclabsinc.com/
Available at Walgreens, CVS....and Amazon.