Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The End of Norton?

Norton, one of the last makers of British motorcycles, has gone into bankruptcy.

I have relatives who have been into bikes for a long time. Me, I regard them as death machines, more due to the motorists that share the road with them than the bikes themselves.

And clowns like this:

7 comments:

DTWND said...

I have one brother who rides his bike and agrees with your assessment of other drivers. Another of my brothers (a volunteer firefighter and first responder) also agrees with you, referring to cycle riders as “future organ donors “. When these two get together, it is interesting to hear their discussions.

Dale

dinthebeast said...

The latest incarnation of Triumph is making some nice stuff these days. I've owned eight motorcycles and only the last one of them was street legal. I felt like having a decade of racing experience kinda prepared me better than most for the little street riding I did, and got all of the desire to go fast out of me before it became a lethal attraction.
My brother was a biker, though, and I am very familiar with the meathead mentality that gets riders killed so often. Having broken a helmet while wearing it, I never had any question about the use of safety equipment and sane riding strategies.

-Doug in Oakland

w3ski said...

Hey, cut him some slack. At least he has tennys and socks on. I have seen a pick of one so lost as to ride in flip flops. Not that his shoes would last any longer but at least he won't get a rock in the toe while riding.
tongue firmly in cheek
w3ski

dinthebeast said...

How are you supposed to upshift in flip flops?

-Doug in Oakland

Comrade Misfit said...

Carefully? Gingerly?

LRod said...

I had a Snortin' Norton 750 Commando S in the late '60s (quite rare and quite quick). I was fortunate to learn to ride from a bunch of coworkers who frequently made the 35 mile commute from Jacksonville to Hilliard (all shifts—that means we rode in the dark going home from swings). All of them were experienced riders of big iron Brit Bikes with the odd rice burner thrown in. Only one guy in the facility had a H-D and he never rode with us.

LRod
ZJX, ORD, ZAU retired

CenterPuke88 said...

Comrade, painfully.

LRod, did the noise bother the goats?