Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Monday, May 6, 2013

Don't You Make My Brown Eyes Blue!

Laguna Beach doctor Gregg Homer has developed a new procedure that can actually convert brown-colored eyes to blue in just a matter of weeks.
Right. There are probably people who are vain enough to let some putz shine a laser into their eyes in order to change their eye color. Since the side effects might include some very bad things, this strikes me as being a Very Bad Idea.

But then again, I'm the sort of who sticks with glasses rather than let someone try to reshape my eyeball. Because, who knows, maybe I might want to do some high-altitude work. Although the doctors who push LASIK say that there is no problem with that, it's not their eyeballs. I've only two of them and suitable replacements are not yet available. I fell that I should only muck around with my critical systems for critical reasons.

Don't know what it'd do to a biometric iris scanner, though.

(H/T)

2 comments:

bearsense said...

And now in the DC area, one of the eyeball shapers is advertising for "volunteers" to undergo the testing of some new laser procedure/equipment. The "exam" is free and "if you qualify," you get the treatment at a reduced price.
Talk about medical risk - - and you will have (possibly) signed your sight away and paid for the privilege.

Comrade Misfit said...

"OK, Doc, but first, let me introduce you to my brother, Guido. Guido is a `cleaner'. You know what a cleaner is, don't you, Doc?"