Seen on the street in Kyiv.

Words of Advice:

"If Something Seems To Be Too Good To Be True, It's Best To Shoot It, Just In Case." -- Fiona Glenanne

“The Mob takes the Fifth. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” -- The TOFF *

"Foreign Relations Boil Down to Two Things: Talking With People or Killing Them." -- Unknown

“Speed is a poor substitute for accuracy.” -- Real, no-shit, fortune from a fortune cookie

"If you believe that you are talking to G-d, you can justify anything.” — my Dad

"Colt .45s; putting bad guys in the ground since 1873." -- Unknown

"Stay Strapped or Get Clapped." -- probably not Mr. Rogers

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

"Eck!" -- George the Cat

* "TOFF" = Treasonous Orange Fat Fuck, A/K/A Dolt-45,
A/K/A Commandante (or Cadet) Bone Spurs,
A/K/A El Caudillo de Mar-a-Lago, A/K/A the Asset., A/K/A P01135809

Friday, May 31, 2013

Crappy Gun Match

I wonder how much fun it would be to have a match where everybody has to use crappy guns.

Say, for instance, a Bullseye match. The rimfire portion would be shot with .22 kitgun revolvers with a maximum barrel length of four inches. The centerfire part would be shot with automatics that have NYPD-legal 14lb triggers. No optical sights, of course.

A long time ago, I read "The Making of a Surgeon", by William A. Nolan, M.D. One of the comments of one of his surgical teachers was along the lines of: "If you can't take out an appendix with a rock and the top of a tin can, stand aside for someone who can."

It would be interesting to see what people could do with less-than-match-grade guns.

Or maybe I'm just a bit sadistic.

2 comments:

Eck! said...

zIT actually shoots...

Because skill!

Maybe a pellet gun match!


Eck!

w3ski said...

I have a High Standard .22 with a 2 inch barrel. It's not a match gun at all but it will put all 9 in a tea cup at 25 yards. How accurate is 'enough'?
I am convinced a good shot could make it do even better. Of course I have had it since I was 10 years old and have some 'practise' with it.
It's more accurate than I am. Of course I can say that about all my guns.
I'd like to see what Ed McGivern could do with it.
w3ski